Thursday, August 21, 2008

Treasure The Wonderful Todays

I searched for an old friend from college. It has been my intent to renew our friendship for some time. I put it off - waiting for - I don't know what. I just found out he died last year. It was like a kick in the stomach.

This morning I read my " Positive Quote Of The Day" that I receive daily from AttitudeMedia.com.

The Quote is so timely - it hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm a tomorrow person - I have to guard against it every day. Sometimes I succeed - in the case of my college friend, I failed. I have copied this Quote - it will be part of my daily reminders.

Here it is:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are... Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in a pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."
Mary Jean Iron


It's so true. Waiting for that rare and perfect tomorrow leads to regret for the treasure we missed in normal today.

I get "Positive Quotes For The Day" from AttitudeMedia .com at http://www.positivepress.com/saying/subscription.php3 . They are free, I have no business interest in the organization - I do enjoy them. If you're looking for a Daily reminder for your own needs - I highly recommend this service.

And hold on to that treasure we call today - those rare and perfect tomorrows are so tempting.....
Written by Andy Cox, President
Cox Consulting Group, Ph: 602-795-4100; Fax: 602-795-4800; E mail: acox@coxconsultgroup.com.com; Website: http://www.coxconsultgroup.com/; Blog: http://multiplysuccess.blogspot.com/


Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved

No comments: