Friday, February 08, 2008

Personal Energy - Where It Comes From

I just finished listening to Ray Stevens sing "Everything Is Beautiful In It's Own way." A song from the 70's. Done in an upbeat, gospel style. It's full of positive messages; the music is energetic; the lyrics are filled with hope; it takes me to great places I've been; and it just pumps me up for the day I'm in. What a gift!

That's one of the places our positive energy comes from - the kind of messages music provides that we can personalize and make our very own.

I don't know what your favorites are - but I'd bet you have the same reaction to your favorites that I have when I hear mine.

I have "Everything Is Beautiful In It's Own Way" on my computer, but I like being surprised by hearing it on the radio - rather than making it into background music that I hear so often that it just blends into everything else. I want it to stay special - I want it to lift me up - I want it to send a chill down my spine - I want it to make my day special. And so I treasure it, and when it comes my way, I stop, and I sing along with it, and I feel so energized.

And when I've done that, I have that "can't touch me " feeling for the day I'm in.

I've been working on a blog about leaders and how they gain personal energy. It isn't done yet. But music is one of the elements of how leaders gain personal energy.

This song means so much to me, I just had to share it.

Have a great "can't touch me" day.

Written by Andy Cox, President
Cox Consulting Group, 4049 E Vista Drive, Phoenix, AZ 85032 Ph: 602-795-4100; Fax: 602=795-4800; E Mail: acox@coxsultgroup.com; Website: http://www.coxconsultgroup.com/; Blog: http://multiplysuccess.blogspot.com/
Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved

No comments: